Life in Motion is a guided end-of-life planning workbook to help you organize your personal information. It has all the forms, checklists, and inventory sheets you need to quickly record your most important information and share where important documents are stored. The book walks you through the process of creating a complete picture of your health, household, finances, and final wishes so you and your trusted advisors have ready access in times of transition, emergency, or death.
Praise for Life in Motion Guide
I just wanted to let you know how grateful I am that you created this book. A sudden diagnosis for one of my parents and the failing health of the other have prompted some difficult conversations and no small amount of panic on my part about everything I don't know. I'm going to sit down with my parents this week and ask them to start filling out the workbook with me.
— Carolyn, Colorado
Thank you so much for this book! I feel so much more comfortable about how my family will take care of things if anything should happen to me.
— Jennifer, Tennessee
Just like you, we confronted our parents’ ends of life without enough planning. We vowed to make it better for our daughters by preparing for our later stages in life. Your guide is helping to complete this preparation. This is really a team effort—my husband and I need to plan for our future, and the girls need to be aware of our plans, as well as all important contacts.
— Nancy, Illinois
We have found the Life in Motion guide extremely helpful as our group supports and encourages each other through the process of gathering all this important information. Most of us are in our 50’s, and many of us are dealing with the decline of our own parents. We are putting this together as a gift for our children. Thank you, Karen, for such a valuable resource. You thought of everything!
— Kam, Virginia
The hardcover binder has eight tab-separated sections:
- Emergency Plans: document a plan in case of medical or other emergencies
- Personal Health Record: record important medical and insurance information
- Property Information: store key info on property, vehicles, and non-financial assets
- Financial: document what you have and what you owe
- Digtial Estate: make the "unseen" visible by creating a digital estate plan
- Final Wishes: express preferences for how you'd like to be remembered
- Transitions: explore end-of-life topics
- Closure: understand the estate settlement process